I am frank & critical
to uphold integrity.
The very first conversation I held with my current boss at Employee Survey Toolkit was through a phone interview, which I took during my lunch break at a previous workplace. I researched the dotcom company beforehand and had prepared notes.
When asked how I liked the website, I admitted I didn’t. My first project as Social Media Coordinator at EmployeeSurveyToolkit.com was to lead the website renovation from its information architecture to a complete cosmetic make-over, prioritizing SEO and user experience.
Now, the website appears within the 1st/2nd pages of Google search results for “free employee surveys” and “employee surveys”.
I look for problems
so I can solve them.
When I observed a lack of communication among the five editors at Grey House Canada during my internship as an Associate Editor, I proactively researched and proposed to use the web-based application, TitanPad, which allows multiple users to work on one document at the same time.
By compiling our edits in one document, our editorial work became more collaborative. For example: “Watch out for the headers; the typefaces are inconsistent!” and so we caught each inconsistency, and the managing editor suggested to the publisher a change in the typefaces to reflect the correct levels of subheading.
I am impetuous
to become a Renaissance
- I wrote a story and wanted a video to accompany it and bring life to characters, so I learned how to edit videos.
- I wanted to learn how to moderate a website and make tweaks to its coding, so I created a personal website and a practice business website <ilustrado.ca>, and currently moderate two domains.
- I sought to prepare myself for any business initiative I might pursue, so I took a Business class and plan to get my Business Program Certificate once I’m able.
- I want to be successful in digital content and marketing communications, so I read, and I follow influencers and trends, and I shape instrumental relationships with people in the field.
- I want to be in publishing, so I took on the role of managing editor at an independent anthology e-book publication.
- I know I need Adobe Creative Suite, so I continuously learn tools and tricks, and have thus far developed a nice little portfolio of print and web assets.
I am impatient
to get things done.
Many tell me my fault lies in doing too many things at once. Maybe they’re right. I juggle roles as Managing Editor at Allthing Publication, Web Content Writer at Not Far From The Tree, and as Social Media Coordinator at Employee Survey Toolkit because I don’t want to let any of them go.
I want to be instrumental in publishing some really talented voices that otherwise might not have a platform to pen their stories and distribute them; in driving effective communications for localized environmental efforts that can trigger national movements for more environmental conservation and food sustainability in urban landscapes; in championing healthy and engaged employees for truly great workplaces.
I am idealistic, ambitious, driven, and fierce in my beliefs. I pioneer social, health, and environmental responsibility and consciousness. I do what I can with the skill set and experience I have, and I strive for excellence.
I exude a childish spirit
paired with a mature mind.
I am energetic and cheerful, and a personable character with a quirky charm. My past team mates and colleagues said so. I would bet an arm and a leg and cupcakes with sprinkles on top that they’ll vouch for me.